Laboratory of distance learning of Russian as a foreign language — The Philological Research Institute of Saint Petersburg State University
The Laboratory of distance learning of Russian as a foreign language was organized in September 2002, it is one of the subdivisions of the Philological Research Institute of St. Petersburg State University. Scientific guidance is carried out by the Department of Russian for foreigners of the Philological Faculty of St. Petersburg State University.
Aim and main lines of activities
The principal aim of the Laboratory is to develop and apply new technologies of distance learning in the field of teaching and testing foreign students of Russian and to incorporate scientific knowledge about methods of foreign language teaching into practice of distance language learning.
The main lines of activities are:
- to support experimental investigations in the domain of distance learning and testing carried out by undergraduate and graduate students of the Philological Faculty and other institutions;
- to develop scientific and methodical basis for distance learning;
- to develop new trends in distance learning and testing and to embody them in distance courses, tests and programs;
- to develop computer base for the courses of distance4 learning and testing.
Projects that Laboratory of distance learning took part in:
- «Teaching Russian for foreigners using the VW technology», UNESCO grant, a joint project with the Department of Russian for foreigners of the Philological Faculty of St. Petersburg State University, Centre for testing Russian for foreigners, UNESCO Department «Distance learning of engineering» of Saint Petersburg State University of aerospace industry. This project won a golden medal in the All-Russian exhibition centre on the 2nd October 2004;
- Support of the «Russian word» portal, http://www.ropryal.ru/ . A joint project with the Association of Russian Language and Literature Teachers and the International Association of Russian Language and Literature Teachers ( МАПРЯЛ )
- A joint project with the Government of St. Petersburg and Association of Russian Language and Literature Teachers ( ОПРЯЛ ) aimed at the organization of the Russian language service and of language experts consulting in the «Russian word» portal.
Head of the Laboratory of distance learning of Russian as a foreign language
Velikosselskij Oleg Anatoljevich
PhD, Education, administrator of the «Russian word» — http://www.ropryal.ru/
тел .: 7- 812-3209894; факс : 7-812-3236620
Портал РОПРЯЛ «Русское слово»>>